Saturday, February 21, 2009

Practice



We had a great practice this morning. The arena is warm! Not only do I not need my usual double parka and hat, but I think I'll be warm in just a light shirt. I love it! In a cold rink, I get stiff and cramp up between shots, especially in the early going. I feel fabulous and relaxed out there. It's also very quiet on the ice - no compressor or heater noises, and the fabric stadium seats muffle sound so much, it's almost like being in a sound-proof booth back at work. The ice is quick - about 24-24.5 and curls a lot. It's about 5 1/2 - 6' on a draw and 2-3' on a normal hit.


Here are some photos from practice. The ladies in the pink/maroon are Team Lank, and in the other photo, you can see some of the gals from O'Leary and Potter getting ready. This afternoon, we have the team meeting, opening ceremonies and then our first game against Potter. (For non-curlers, Team Potter includes Cassie Johnson Potter and Jamie Johnson Haskel, who played in the 2006 Olympics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment